Yamhill County's Point In Time (PIT) Homeless Count will take place on Wednesday, January 31, 2018. This effort offers a snapshot of homelessness by recording the number of people in an emergency shelter or who are unsheltered on a single night of the year.
The surveys are completed with those who are living outside, with more than one family in a household, in a vehicle, in shelters, or motels. YCAP additionally counts those couch surfing, and living with family or friends in a temporary status. This information is used to plan local and national service delivery to at-risk populations.
Free countywide transporation provided by Yamhill County Transit Area. Snacks and/or meals will be available at all sites. To be counted, visit one of the thirteen drop-in locations:
- Amity Assembly of God, 310 Getchell Ave, Amity 11am-3pm
- Carlton First Baptist Church Annex, 500 W Main St, Carlton 9am-1pm
- Dayton City Hall Annex, 408 Ferry St, Dayton 9am-1pm
- Dundee Community Center, 1026 Hwy 99W, Dundee 9am-1pm
- Lafayette Community Center, 133 Adams St, Lafayette 9am-1pm
- McMinnville First Presbyterian Church, 390 NE 2nd St, McMinnville 9am-1pm
- McMinnville St. Barnabas Church, 822 SW 2nd St, McMinnville 2pm-6pm
- McMinnville First Baptist Church, 125 SE Cowls, McMinnville 9am-1pm (Veteran site)
- Newberg Youth Outreach, 719 E 1st St, Newberg 8am-2pm
- Newberg Zion Lutheran Church, 301 S River St, Newberg noon-4pm
- Newberg River Street Church, 715 S River St, Newberg 5pm-7:30pm
- Sheridan Grand Sheramina, 120 North Bridge St, Sheridan 11am-3pm
- Willamina Public Library, 382 NE C St, Willamina 11am-3pm