A free full-day training called “Understanding & Advocating for the Rights of Domestic Violence Survivors Across Service Systems” will be offered from 9 am-5pm Aug. 26 in the boardroom of the Multnomah Building, 501 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Portland.
People who work or volunteer for social services organizations and may serve survivors of violence through their work are welcome. The Advocate Institute is provided by the Multnomah County Family Violence Coordinating Council. Topics will include:
· Crime victim rights for survivors
· Employment/workplace rights
· Rights to access necessary accommodations for accessibility and safety
· Confidentiality and the rights of a survivor to enact Advocate Privilege
· Rights of survivors related to housing/renting
Registration is required. Contact Samantha Naliboff at email@example.com or 503-802-0501, and include your full name, agency affiliation and email address.