In celebration of World Diabetes Day, 211info is showcasing local resources throughout Southwest Washington that invite folks to take charge of their health and wellness.
- Washington State University – Vancouver and the YWCA Clark County offer diabetes prevention programs. Join a small group and work on your personal lifestyle goals in order to offset the risk of acquiring type 2 diabetes.
- Sea Mar Vancouver offers a free class, “Living Well with Diabetes”, where participants learn how to manage their diabetes, and make positive lifestyle choices to live a healthier life.
- Ready to get active? Join a free or low cost fitness class offered by Clark County Public Health, or Skamania County Community Health. Offerings include yoga, Tai Chi, Zumba, and Tae Kwon Do.
- Looking for a free blood pressure screening? 211info offers listings of sites located through Southwest Washington where you can check your blood pressure: www.211info.org/blood-pressure-screening-locations
- Are you or is someone you know at risk for pre-diabetes? Take the risk test to find out: www.doihaveprediabetes.org
- Hungry for more? Clark County Food Bank partners with local community organizations to offer free nutrition education classes using healthy, low cost foods.
For more information on program eligibility, class dates and time, contact a 211info specialist:
- Dialing 2-1-1
- Texting your zip code to 898211
- Emailing email@example.com