Presentations, networking and exploring effective ways to serve women veterans is the focus of the She Also Served Summit on Nov. 1 from 8am-5pm at the Ambridge Center in Portland.
Providers from across the social service system are invited to the summit, which is sponsored by the Multnomah County Domestic & Sexual Violence Coordination Office and the Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs.
There will be speakers from the Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs, Impact NW, the VA Portland Health Care System, the Multnomah County Domestic & Sexual Violence Coordination Office, and more, with a welcome from Multnomah County Commissioner Diane McKeel and ODVA Director Cameron Smith.
Presentation topics for the day include:
· Serving Women Veterans 101
· Working with Women Veterans who Have Experienced Trauma
· Accessing the CHOICE Program for Veteran Health Care
· Intimate Partner Violence & Women Veterans
· Helping Women Veterans Who Are Facing Homelessness
· Suicide Prevention for Women Veterans
· A Panel of Women Veterans Sharing Their Own Experiences
The summit is free, but space is limited and registration is required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.