This new app offers healthy recipes, WIC benefits, and a barcode scan option in one app! Check out The Swiss Chard and Lentil soup recipe, it is fantastic for a cold winter day. The bar code scan option will show you which grocery store foods you can purchase with your WIC benefits. The WICshopper app along with the new e-WIC benefit card provides families with WIC food benefits in a quicker way that makes sense.
What is it? The WICshopper app is FREE for participants and you don't need an eWIC card to use it. The app can be downloaded today and currently has three main features:
- Barcode Scan - simply scan the UPC with your camera and find out if food is WIC-eligible
- Recipes - find a list of quick recipes that use family friendly ingredients
- My Benefits - check your food benefit balance and for each food item with a balance, see the WIC eligible brands of that food
How does it work?
- Go to your app store and search for the WICShopper (all one word).
- Once installed select OREGON as your WIC provider and select done.
- Then it will ask you to register your eWIC card. If you have one, type in the 16 digit number and then enter it one more time to confirm. If you don't have one, just select 'Do Not Register'. When you receive your card, you can select 'Manage Cards' to register at another time.
It's an exciting time for Oregon, with eWIC (electronic benefits) rolling out across the state it's never been a better time for families to connect with WIC!