Did you know that our community has committed to house every homeless Veteran by Nov. 11, 2015? To make that a reality, your help is needed.
In a nutshell, our community has an unprecedented opportunity. Never before have there been as many housing resources for homeless Veterans as there are today. There are long-term and shorter-term rent assistance dollars from the federal government and local jurisdictions.
How Your Agency Can Help:
- Ask every person if they served in the military -- if they answer “yes” or “don’t know” make a referral.
- Sign up Veterans on the Veteran Registry.
- Direct Veterans -- who think they’re not eligible for anything -- to resources that can help
- Use new resources to place and retain Veterans you are serving.
- Take on Veterans who have rental assistance but need support finding housing.
For more information about each of these points and how you can help, download this flyer.