Washington County is opening its Section 8 wait list between May 2 and May 9. Folks can apply online or go to one of the following locations for assistance. It will be a lottery system with 2,500 people chosen for Section 8 and 2,500 people chosen for public housing. Once a household is on the waitlist, priority will be given to homeless households, domestic violence victims, and seniors and persons with disabilities on fixed or no income.
Staff from the Housing Authority of Washington County (HAWC) will be available to answer questions and provide assistance with online applications at:
PCC Hillsboro Center (775 SE Baseline St., Hillsboro, OR 97123)
- Monday, May 4, 1pm-4pm - English
- Friday, May 8, 12:30pm-5:30pm - English
PCC Willow Creek (241 SW Edgeway Dr., Beaverton, OR 97006)
- Monday, May 4 through Friday, May 8, 8:30am-4pm - English
Beaverton Main Library (12375 SW Fifth St., Beaverton, OR 97005)
- Wednesday, May 6, 1pm-5pm - English
Cedar Mill Community Library (12505 NW Cornell, Portland OR 97229)
- Saturday, May 2, 11am-3pm - English
- Thursday, May 7, 1pm-5pm - Englilsh & Thai
Cornelius Public Library (1355 N Barlow St., Cornelius OR 97113)
- Monday, May 4, 1pm-5pm - English
Forest Grove Library (2114 Pacfic Ave., Forest Grove, OR 97116)
- Wednesday, May 6, 5pm-8pm - English & Spanish
Hillsboro Shute Park Library (775 SE 10th Ave., Hillsboro, OR 97123)
- Saturday, May 2, 1pm-5pm - English & Mandarin Chinese
North Plains Library (31334 NW Commercial St., North Plains, OR 97133-6215)
- Tuesday, May 5, 1pm-5pm - English
Sherwood Library (922560 SW Pine St., Sherwood, OR 97140)
- Sunday, May 3, 1pm-5pm - English
Tigard Library (13500 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard, OR 97223)
- Saturday, May 2, 10am-1pm - English & Spanish
Tualatin Library (18878 SW Martinazzi Ave., Tualatin, OR 97062)
- Saturday, May 2, 2pm-6pm - English & Spanish
If you have questions about the online application, call 503-846-4787 from 9am-5pm, Monday May 4 through Friday May 8, 2015.
If you have access to a computer, we encourage you to submit your application online at www.waitlistcheck.com/OR945. It's quick and easy, and will check your application for errors and provide a confirmation code when your application is submitted. Online applications can be submitted anytime during the opening window, and you do not need to bring or mail anything in to HAWC offices if you submit your application online.
- Paper applications will be available before May 2 at HAWC offices during regular business hours and by written mail request.
- Paper applications will also be available from many community partners.
- Paper applications will ONLY be accepted between May 2-9, 2015.
- Paper applications will not be accepted ahead of time.
- Applications will not be accepted by FAX.
- Paper applications may be dropped off at HAWC offices during regular business hours (Monday, May 4-Friday, May 8, 2015 from 8:30am-5pm)
- Paper applications with USPS postmarks between May 2-9, 2015 will be accepted
REMEMBER: you may submit an application any time during the week of May 2-9. ALL applications submitted will be included in the lottery and will have an equal chance of being placed on a waitlist.
If you need special accommodation to submit an application, write to HAWC at:
Attn: Waitlist Opening
Housing Authority of Washington County
111 NE Lincoln Street Ste 200-L MS 63
Hillsboro OR 97124