In acknowledgement of National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day on March 10, Cascade AIDS Project in Portland will bring together experts, community groups, and the key to it all: you and your family, for a grand gathering to share and learn about women’s sexual health. Join CAP during the Feb. 27-Mar. 1 weekend for their fifth annual Women and Girls Health Conference.
There is much to look forward to throughout the weekend, including the following:
- Expert Speakers: Michele Andrasik, Ph. D. (University of Washington), “Sexual Concurrency, HIV Transmission & HIV Disparities” and John Lenssen & LM Alaiyo Foster. “Reducing Implicit Bias”. Advanced registration is strongly encouraged
- Community Dialogue Café: complete with live music, dinner, and prize drawing hosted by the African American AIDS Awareness Action, from 6:30pm-8:30pm at the Center for Intercultural Organizing, (700 North Killingsworth St.)
- Workshops: for the whole family addressing relationship and sexual health topics, HIV 101, and lunchtime roundtables
- Health Screenings: vision, hearing, blood pressure, and glaucoma screenings courtesy of Lions Van of Oregon, HIV screenings courtesy of OraSure Technologies
- Health Insurance: Cover Oregon information and application assistance as well as community providers and agencies
- Film screening of MTV’s “I’m Positive”: including community meal held at the June Key Delta Community Center (5940 North Albina Ave.) at 2pm
CAP’s programs serve the broad and diverse set of communities touched by HIV—from teens, Latinos, the gay community, and families living with HIV to the thousands of individuals throughout the state who seek education each year. They are committed to preventing HIV infections, supporting and empowering people living with or affected by HIV, and eliminating HIV-related stigma and health disparities.
Contact Cree Gordon, CAP Outreach Coordinator at (503) 278-3865 or email@example.com or Alaiyo Foster, CAP Manager of Education & Outreach Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.