Food, personal care items, health care, and many more resources will be offered to homeless Veterans at this event in Linn County.
Sponsored by Community Services Consortium, Disabled American Veterans Charity, and WorkSource Oregon, this event takes place Thursday, Nov. 12 from 9am to 4pm at The River Center, 3000 S Santiam Highway, Lebanon OR. The Stand Down will offer free information about:
- Disability or Social Security Benefits
- Medical and employment programs
- Rent and utility bill assistance
- Alcohol and drug treatment
- Legal aid
- Employment opportunities
- Health care
- Housing options
In addition to free food, refreshments and DOL gear, there will also be a mobile dental van on site providing services. Transportation to the event will be offered by means of a free shuttle service every two hours from Two River Market in Albany. Free bus passes are also available from COI Corvallis.
Note: Please bring proof of Veterans status.
Also of note:
- A free breakfast will be offered to all Veterans on Wednesday, Nov. 11 from 8:30am to 10:30am at the Monmouth Senior Center, 180 Warren St S, Monmouth, OR 97361.
- Wednesday, Nov. 11, is Veterans Appreciation Day at the Salem Kroc Center, 1865 Bill Frey Dr, Salem, OR 97301. All past/present servicemen and women (and families) will enjoy free access to the Kroc Community Center. A free lunch will be available at noon, with a Veterans resource fair taking place from 11am to 2pm.